- Grow our group by 3 active members, and engage countless others in direct actions
- Provide Solidarity and Direct Action guidance to downstate fracking activists
- Articles in Aljazeera America and the Chicago Tribune showcasing our message of “Ban Fracking” and “No more climate destabilizing fossil fuels!”
- Helped pack the Chicago regulatory meeting on Fracking
- Hold regular movie nights, showing direct action-oriented films such as “Los Monstruos: the Pilsen coal plant struggle”
- Bird-dog Governor Quinn with 4 direct actions
- Establish a ‘Ban Fracking Chicago’ group after ‘Chicagoland Against Fracking’ disbanded
- Start the work of creating a coalition to ban fracking in Illinois
- Several up-coming actions in solidarity with Global Climate Convergence and the labor movement in Chicago
And, well, we haven’t even spent all of the money yet.
The reality is that with growing network technology, a spirit of play, and a DIY ethic anyone can make the world a better place. We are pre-figuring the change we want to see -direct democracy, sharing over profits, green principles, and fun.